New Job, tips?

I've been unemployed for the past 6 months,so I've been able to put more focus into weight loss. Now, that hasn't exactly HELPED me, but having a flexible schedule has been nice.

I start a new job tomorrow. One of the biggest things that has impacted my weight loss in the past has been work. So, I am a little nervous about throwing in and adjusting to a new routine.

To start, I am working Monday-Friday, 9am to 5pm. My schedule may change, but at the latest, I'd be working 11am to 7pm. I have no idea when I'll have a lunch break or even if I'll get an actual break. It may be that I have to grab bites to eat when things are slow. I also have no idea what the accomodations are for food storage/heating. Tomorrow, I am bringing pasta salad in my insulated lunch box with an ice pack. If I find that I can heat food, that will certainly give me more options in the future; if not, I will need to either become more creative or invest in a nice thermos.

The good news is, because this is a retail job, I will go from being completely sedentary to lightly active. However, I also lose the flexibility I had to do a Leslie Sansone walk in the middle of the day. I feel like I may try to workout first thing in the morning, but I'm unsure how to go about fitting it into my schedule.

I'm just not sure about working out first thing in the morning, before eating breakfast (because that's the only way I can do it logistically.) I've heard mixed messages about excercising without eating beforehand, but I also don't know how I'll react to it. (I know I struggle with drinking water on an empty stomach because it makes me nauseous).

Obviously, I'm not the only person to squeeze in a workout, shower, and breakfast in before heading off to work. However, I've been living with the flexibility that comes with unemployment for half a year now, so I'm unsure how I will adjust.

submitted by /u/honeylissabee
[link] [comments]

from Proven weight loss success since 1963...now with 10% more Oprah https://ift.tt/2OAYLq1

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

25+ Self-Care Gift Ideas To Treat Your Mum With This Mother’s Day

9 Things You Can Do Daily To Help Reduce Cellulite

A Nutritionist On 4 Things To Consider When It Comes To Vegan Supplements