Medication Weight Gain

Hey all! So I rejoined WW a little over a month ago while in the midst of doctor visits and diagnoses. I did lose weight pretty rapidly, partly WW and partly because I was barely eating. I was initially diagnosed with pancreatitis, also turns out I have Crohn's Disease and was flaring. I've been put on corticosteroids and was either losing or maintaining until last week. I've stayed on plan, but I was eating a more normal amount of food as compared to before when I couldn't eat. I'm not sure if my body was gaining some weight back because I was eating again or if the medication is causing weight gain or water retention.

At first, I was upset and figured this is just an exercise in futility if the meds are going to cause weight gain anyway. Now, I think I'm more in the mindset of staying on WW to offset additional gain and I'm starting to get back to the gym. I couldn't work out or do much of anything. It's just hard to see the scale go up when I know I'm doing everything right.

Anyone have experience with meds, weight loss/gain, or autoimmune diseases and WW?

submitted by /u/kljenkins27
[link] [comments]

from Proven weight loss success since 1963...now with 10% more Oprah https://ift.tt/2LGCA3y

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

25+ Self-Care Gift Ideas To Treat Your Mum With This Mother’s Day

9 Things You Can Do Daily To Help Reduce Cellulite

A Nutritionist On 4 Things To Consider When It Comes To Vegan Supplements